RPM are a creative independent creative communications agency, based in London, who specialise in shopper and field marketing, working with such clients as Barclays, Marks and Spencer, E.ON and our long standing client BSkyB. With a relatively new team and first time Managers, Take Effect’s challenge was to equip their first line Managers with the skills to coach their teams effectively and to hit their client’s targets, by supporting RPM in attaining their client’s objectives.
The Solution Provided By Us
- Collaborated with key decision makers in the creation and design of the Management training programme to ensure maximum impact.
- Designed and executed a learner centre and brain friendly training solution.
- Incorporated and facilitated real play business simulation techniques to aid in the transference of new skills from the learning environment into the workplace.
- Developed a one on one coaching programme to support the Managers in the transference of their new skills.
How Did We Take Effect?
The learning solution focused on increasing the Managers knowledge and skills in four key areas:
- Coaching techniques, including GROW system.
- Tapping into motivation, through advanced feedback techniques.
- Winning communication skills.
- Effective delegation skills.
Management Skills – One on one coaching aided in embedding new skills set and ensured a smooth transition to the workplace. The review sessions ran by Take Effect provided the Managers with essential feedback on their own personal development in relation to their own coaching, communication and delegation skills.
Sales Skills – Delivered courses on the art of selling techniques for RPM’s promotional staff.
RPM Managers successfully coached their new teams to enable them to provide first class customer service. This resulted in a satisfied client for RPM and a management team equipped for the future.
“Great interaction, great amount of knowledge, personable and made everything relevant” – Alex McDonnell Bond, Retail Management, RPM
“Take Effect were truly engaging and drove the training, there were no low points!”– Richard Tolley, Retail Management, RPM